Lena River BARGE Russia PART 2

The remaining 4 days were lovely and gorgeous.. I really enjoyed this wonderful break on the barge.. It was a nice easy going journey compared to the rugged, rigid shaking about on the bike.  For the most part uneventful, so I will just fill the rest of this blog up with photos..  Hope you enjoy.. I had mentioned on facebook and not able to express in a picture the smell of Siberian summer on a barge.  The abundant pine trees, and fresh cold flowing water… especially at dawn and dusk .. wish I could bottle that smell and take it home with me!  I will always remember it though.






Fog every morning, moon every night - Siberian Magic!








This guy was such a character!  And he loves having his photo taken!

                                            Sunset and moonrise...together



Still my only wildlife spotted so far.. horses again, but still happy to see them!



The logging industry.  I have since found out the mass destruction of Siberian forests here are at the hands of and owned by China.



Everyone is looking for a sign that Ust Kut is near. They are all a bit ready to be off a barge after 4 long days and nights.  I personally could keep going, I love it!






They ask if I have children.. I say “Niyet”.. They ask if I would like to have Russian baby?  “Niyet Spasiba”.. my clue to keep wandering the barge…



I love the "look" of Siberian villages.  They always look so cozy.




That moon!  On a slow river ride... couldn't be more perfect!



There’s the port coming up – Ust Kut!  Even though I couldn't stomach another cheese sandwich, I'm a bit sad to see this experience come to an end.



Walter tells me it’s the first bridge crossing in over 3700 km of river!  I love all the facts and figures I get from my Siberian Encyclopedia traveling mate. 

We get ready to charge off the boat – one very stir crazy Mr. Colebatch wants to ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment