Magic Boots!


It's been more than 10 years since I have ridden a motorcycle.  I had a Harley Davidson Sportster 883 in America.   Completely different style of riding, low riding and lots of chrome..

This new KTM sits up really high.  My first few little rides were nervewracking... went very slowwww. I don't have all the proper gear yet, which may have contributed to my nerves...  But then!  I remembered I had my old Harley boots in my closet.  I dug them out and put them on yesterday.  Took the bike out and completely forgot what I was worried about!  I went through round-abouts much more smoothly, up and down steep hills and made it to Peter Stevens KTM.  I couldn't tell you the difference between riding last week and then this week - SO IT MUST BE THE BOOTS!  Confidence returned!! They must be magic...

Ordered a lowering link from America to bring the height down a bit.  I am 5'9" and I can only hold this bike on my tippiest of tippy toes!  With the Koubalink lowering link, which Jamie installed for me yesterday at KTM, I can balance the bike with the balls of my feet now.  A big, much needed, welcome difference.

So with MAGIC BOOTS and LOWERED BIKE,  it was full steam ahead today (Sunday).  Honestly I thought I would just run out the door for an hour or so as I have a bizillion projects to get done today.  BUT, it is such a gorgeuos day in South Australia, and I felt so good on the bike, I just went for it.

Straight down the fleurieu peninsula,  first stop Sellick's Beach.. Then through
Yankalilla and on to Carrickalinga for a
a little break.  Thought I would turn back here, but I just 
wanted to keep going!  Ended up at
Cape Jervis, with a little stop to watch the ferry pull in from
 Kangaroo Island.  The ocean is so deep 
and blue there..  I love South Australia as much today as I 
did on my first trip here.  Actually Kangaroo
Island was the first place I was ever taken in this country, 
and I nearly boarded the ferry right then!


6 hours later.... I made it home.  Only complaint?  Butt got a bit sore...
even with the amount of padding I have been graced with all my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment